Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chapter 3: On the Run

THIS TOOK FOREVER TO GET PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!!!

WE'LL TRY BETTER NEXT TIME

My hands were shaking. I put the gun in the only hoodie I had, and looked inside White Castle. Elizabeth was sitting there at a counter looking anxious and tapping her fingers on the table. I walked in with a bloody lip and she looked a bit more relieved. But at her state she now looked like she was under cardiac arrest. I sat down next to her and I said, “WE need to make a move on. Someone probably called the police and I bet ‘The Creeps’” (that’s what we call them) “already are looking everywhere.” She gave a shaken nod and said, “I n-never th-thought th-that I w-would ever l-leave.” She was crying now, and people were looking over their cell phones, burgers, chicken, and crying children. We needed to get out of there.

Just our luck, three men with machine guns swooped in the window. The first one showed a picture of me to a frightened woman and said, “Have you seen this boy?” He cracked his head and that intimidated her. She pointed a shaky finger at the fourteen-year old holding a gun to the closest civilian. Yes, that was me and I’m not proud to say it.

He said to me, “Clark, you know we don’t care about her. WE care about our little secret.” I knew it was Dick now. I replied, “They do. Dick.” It was a short phrase. It could mean anything. But the way I said it ignited a spark of fear in their eyes.

Just as I thought, someone had called the police and they were pulling up right now. While Dick and his two “henchmen” weren’t looking I grabbed Elizabeth. As fast as a lightning bolt we stood on the table, and jumped at the window. Dick and his henchmen were already taking pot shots at us. I was also. I only got dick on his shoulder and it didn’t look bad because I didn’t her any “Dickie” screams.

Elizabeth and I crashed through the window, ran at the closest fat police office and stole his gun. (yes it was that easy!)

We quickly rounded the corner with two cops on our tails. I was thinking. What if we stopped? Would they understand? Would they trust us? We don’t even know where the warehouse is… We don’t even know what city we’re in! I looked at the closest sign and we were close to my parents friends house! He even works for the FBI he might help us… I looked at Elizabeth who was barely keeping up in this ally. There was scaffolding so I started shooting at it. Some wood fell down and luckily hit cop number two on his foot. He howled and his comrade stopped to help him.

I led her to my friend’s townhouse house. We franticly knocked on the door and a teenager that looked a few years older than Elizabeth and I. She said to us in a strong English accent, “Hello, what may I do for you?”
I replied, “I would like to talk to Mr. Griggs.”
She looked at us and said, “I’ll see if he’s taking in visitors.”
I told her to tell her to tell Jonathan Griggs, Alex was here. In a few minutes a familiar face came trough the doorway, with an iPhone in his hand. He said, “Yes, sir. I will try” He hung up and gave me a small friendly hug. He said to me, “I c-cant b-believe it!!” He hugged me again and said, “And who is this young woman?” She replied blushing, “Elizabeth. You can call me Liz.” They shook hands and we all walked in. I heard a moaning coming from the ground. I asked John what it was but he said it was nothing but a broken pipe. I was fine with my response, but I knew something was fishy...

Keep Readin'!
Cellis

1 comment:

Dibsy said...

that was really good! :) i really like liz.